Indian Grinding Rock State Park (Chaw’se)
- The 135-acre park preserves an outcropping of some 1,185 mortar holes — the largest collection of bedrock mortars in North America.
- The Chaw’se Regional Indian Museum features a Miwok village complete with a ceremonial roundhouse.
- The collection includes Northern, Central and Southern Miwok, Maidu, Konkow, Monache, Nisenan, Tubatulabal, Washo, and Foothill Yokuts items.
- Basketry, feather regalia, jewelry, arrowpoints, and other tools
- Location: 14881 Pine Grove-Volcano Road in Pine Grove
- Open daily from sunrise to sunset. The Regional Indian Museum is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission: $3 per vehicle
- Call (209) 296-7488
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=553.